The Committee shall be responsible to the Board and shall be composed as follows:
- The President of the Assembly who shall be the Chairperson;
- The Chairpersons of national Language structures to be selected on a regional basis and in accordance with the rules and procedures of ACALAN;
- The Chairpersons of vehicular cross-border Language Commissions;
- Such specialists or representatives of institutions and organisations the advice of which may be useful to ACALAN;
- Representatives of African and International CSO as may be designated by the Board;
- The Executive Secretary.
The functions of the Committee shall be as follows:
- Assist the Executive Secretary in the preparation of the programme of activities of ACALAN;
- Advise the Board and the Executive Secretary of specific technical matters brought to its attention;
- Advise on the implementation of the activities of ACALAN;
- Provide such advise as may be requested by the Board or by the Executive Secretary;
- Adopt its own Rules of Procedure.