Decision CM/Dec. 613 (LXXIV) of
during the 74th Ordinary Session of the Council of the Ministers of the Pan African Organization, calling upon the General Secretariat and the Member States to create the conditions for the concrete realization of the African Academy of Languages and ratified by the Summit of the Heads of State and Government, from the 9th to the 11th of July 2001 in Lusaka in Zambia
(VIII) of the Executive Council on the adoption of the statutes of the African Academy of Languages (ACALAN)
Decision Assembly/AU/Dec.95(VI) of the Conference of the Heads of State and Government adopting the Statutes of the African Academy of Languages in January 2006 (23-24) in Khartoum.
DECISION CM/Dec. 613 (LXXIV) OF LUSAKA
1. TAKES NOTE of the report ;
2. CONGRATULATES His Excellency, Mr. Alpha Oumar KONARE, President of the Republic of Mali on the initiative he took in proposing the establishment of the African Academy of Languages as a factor of development and mutual understanding which could contribute to building and consolidating peace and African renaissance ;
3. ENDORSES the idea of establishing such an institution and REQUESTS that the General Secretariat deploy all efforts to set up and launch the activities of the Academy ;
4. INVITES all Member States, the civil society as well as the entire African and international scientific communities concerned to actively participate in the Academy's activities ;
5. APPEALS to all Africa's development partners to provide the necessary financial and technical support for the establishment and implementation of the Academy's activities.
Back to top
THE STATUTES OF THE AFRICAN
ACADEMY OF LANGUAGES (ACALAN)
The Executive Council:
1. TAKES NOTE of the Report;
2. RECALLS Decision CM/Dec.613 (LXXIV) on the Establishment of the African Academy of Languages (ACALAN) adopted by the Council of Ministers of the
OAU in Lusaka, Zambia, in July 2001;
3. APPROVES the Draft Statutes for the establishment of the African Academy of Languages (ACALAN) as an AU Specialized Office to be located in Bamako, Republic of Mali;
4. COMMENDS the Government of the Republic of Mali for hosting the ACALAN;
5. RECOMMENDS the Draft Statutes to the Assembly for adoption;
6. REQUESTS the Commission to follow-up on the establishment and overall activities of ACALAN;
7. CALLS UPON UNESCO and other relevant partners to support and cooperate with the Commission in promoting the activities of ACALAN.
Back to the top
THE STATUTES OF THE AFRICAN ACADEMY OF LANGUAGES
1. TAKES NOTE of the recommendation of the Executive Council to adopt the Draft Statutes for the establishment of the African Academy of
Langnuages as an AU Specialized Office to be located in Bamako, the Republic of Mali;
2. ADOPTS the Draft Statutes as recommended;
3. APPEALS to Member States, the Regional Economic Communities
(RECs), partners and other relevant organizations to support the AU
Commission in the promotion of the activities of ACALAN.